[llvm-dev] Combine TableGen documents?

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 5 13:43:08 PDT 2020

Thanks for the open invitation to use your text.

I am writing the Programmer's Guide as a .rst file, as you'd expect. It's just sitting in a working directory alongside my copy of the repository. I'm not sure what you mean by pointing to my tree, but I presume you're talking about reviewing it prior to submitting it for review with Phabricator? (Forgive my newbieness.)

At 8/5/2020 02:16 PM, John Byrd wrote:
>> I wasn't sure how to respond to John Byrd's post, since it wasn't addressed to me. So I've responded to Nicolai's.
>
>It was intended for you and the others on the thread.
>
>> I'm reasonably far along in the process of writing a new Programmer's Guide for TableGen. I will continue working on it and submit it for review. I expect to do some rewriting as a result.
>
>I'd like to collaborate, if you point me at your tree.  Like you, I also have both a strong need for the documentation, and some strong opinions on how it might be improved.
>
>> John: Would you like me to respect a copyright on your documents linked below? I wouldn't take any text verbatim, but some of the ways of describing TableGen give me ideas.
>
>Not a bit -- I had intended to submit it as a patch, but got sidetracked.  Use it however you can --
>
>jwb

Windfall               Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
   Software            978 369-0839
                             www.windfall.com
My life has been filled with calamities,
some of which actually happened.
---Mark Twain

Guga 'mzimba, sala 'nhliziyo