[llvm-dev] Possible missing x86 JCC rules in the backend

Matteo Favaro via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 3 00:05:37 PDT 2020

Answering my own question, just for future reference: the ideal solution
seems to be adding a custom FunctionPass based on the PatternMatch API to
match and convert the patterns to the proper ICmpInst instructions,
enabling the backend to generate the correct conditional jumps. Hence, this
could be something to be integrated into InstCombine, unless there's a more
specific pass to match and normalise the conditional jumps at the LLVM-IR
level.