[llvm-dev] Function attributes for memory side-effects

Ejjeh, Adel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 30 15:46:15 PDT 2020

Hello Neil

Thanks for your reply. After experimenting in the Compiler Explorer, it seems that the “readnone” attribute is assigned for functions that neither read from nor write to memory (otherwise “readonly” or “writeonly” are used accordingly when the function does one but not the other). However, one of my problems still exists which is using library function calls (like math library calls – e.g. sqrt()). When the declaration for such functions is being generated in the ll file, it does not include any attributes. Is there a way to handle such scenario?

Thanks
-Adel