[llvm-dev] assembly code for array iteration generated by llvm is much slower than gcc

Sam Elliott via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 27 06:36:15 PDT 2020

Hi,

Am I right in thinking that this is RISC-V assembly?

Please can you provide a testcase (a C file, or LLVM IR) that we can use to diagnose this issue further? It would also be useful to know what architecture (including extensions) and other compiler flags you are using.

We know that the assembly that LLVM generates for RISC-V is not always the most efficient, and we're working on this issue at the moment. We would welcome more testcases.

Sam

--
Sam Elliott
Software Team Lead