[llvm-dev] Cannot build master

Siva Chandra via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 23 11:54:23 PDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:56 AM Luke A. Guest via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote

> On 23/04/2020 18:38, Brian Cain wrote:
> > Do you really need to build the C library for MLIR?
>
> I'm not just building for mlir as you can see. But I've turned off libc
> for now, it can use the system one.
>
> > If so, it looks like it's just a missing dependency - MPFR library.  Or
> > if you do have that library available, it's missing expected features.
>
> I have mpfr 4.x and it has the symbols llvm is complaining about.

OK. I was wrong in my previous message. The problem is that we don't
normally test building libc with BUILD_SHARED_LIBC=ON. This should fix it:
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/1e2772c0a3333f10b3fd0e0220022e80f4b0afd2

Let me know if you still see errors.

Thanks,
Siva Chandra