[llvm-dev] how to add my own passes to LTO pass

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 23 10:16:10 PDT 2020

cc-ed llvm-dev back so others can hopefully help. I don't load passes via
plugins so this is outside my area of expertise. But I have seen some
recent patches fly by that are working on this.

I saw from an earlier question you posted that you are using gold. There is
a patch under development/review to get pass plugins to work for LTO
through gold. See https://reviews.llvm.org/D77704.

Eli (added) was working on adding support as well, here are a couple of
patches he recently landed for this in LTO and lld:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D75879 (lld)
https://reviews.llvm.org/D76866 (LTO)

I'm not completely sure what the status is at this point though. Eli is
probably the best person to answer.

Teresa

--
Teresa Johnson |  Software Engineer |  tejohnson at google.com |