[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] State of NaCl in monorepo?

Derek Schuff via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 20 13:21:36 PDT 2020

Hi Fangrui,
As you noted we are working on helping our NaCl users transition to
WebAssembly and new web APIs that cover the functionality offered by NaCl.
In terms of actually turning down the platform features, we recently
announced a timeline at
https://blog.chromium.org/2020/01/moving-forward-from-chrome-apps.html.

In terms of LLM, I would prefer to keep the support we have in the tree
until we complete the turndown as long as the support isn't unusually
onerous. Not all of our NaCl toolchain code is upstream, but we are
actually about to redo part of our current downstream code soon to improve
Chromium's C++ support until we complete the platform turndown. And of
course we continue to be available to support it upstream as needed,
especially if there is some particular problem you're looking to solve by
removing this code.
Feel free to contact me directly as well (aside from the usual channels
like this list of course) if you want more on NaCl or PNaCl.