[llvm-dev] 2020 US LLVM Developers' Meeting - September 28-29

Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 15 16:05:13 PDT 2020

The LLVM Foundation is pleased to announce the 14th annual LLVM Developers’ Meeting in the Bay Area <https://llvm.org/devmtg/2020-09/> on September 28-29 in San Jose, CA. We will have additional events on September 27th in the afternoon/evening which be announced when available.

The LLVM Developers' Meeting is a bi-annual 2 day gathering of the entire LLVM Project community. The conference is organized by the LLVM Foundation and many volunteers within the LLVM community. Developers and users of LLVM, Clang, and related subprojects will enjoy attending interesting talks, impromptu discussions, and networking with the many members of our community. Whether you are a new to the LLVM project or a long time member, there is something for each attendee.

Given the current situation regarding COVID-19, we feel it is best to be totally transparent with our planning process. We are closely monitoring the news regarding restrictions on travel and large gatherings and also following the World Health Organization's advice. It takes about 9-12 months of planning for our developers’ meetings and given we do not know the situation in September, we are moving forward with the hope that it will be safe to host our event.

What can you expect at a LLVM Developers' Meeting?

Technical Talks: These 20-30 minute talks cover all topics from core infrastructure talks, to project's using LLVM's infrastructure. Attendees will take away technical information that could be pertinent to their project or general interest.
Tutorials: Tutorials are 50 minute sessions that dive down deep into a technical topic. Expect in depth examples and explanations.
Lightning Talks: These are fast 5 minute talks that give you a taste of a project or topic. Attendees will hear a wide range of topics and probably leave you wanting to learn more.
Panels: Panel sessions are guided discussions about a specific topic. The panel consists of ~3 developers who discuss a topic through prepared questions from a moderator. The audience is also given the opportunity to ask questions of the panel.
Birds of a Feather: Large round table discussions with a more formal directed discussion.
Student Research Competition: Students present their research using LLVM or related subprojects. These are usually 20 minute technical presentations with Q&A. The audience will vote at the end for the winning presentation and paper.
Poster Session: An hour long session where selected posters are on display for attendees to ask questions and discuss.
Round Table Discussions: Informal and impromptu discussions on a specific topic. During the conference there are set time slots where groups can organize to discuss a problem or topic.
Evening Reception (September 28): After a full day of technical talks and discussions, join your fellow attendees for an evening reception to continue the conversation and meet even more attendees.

What types of people attend?
	• Active developers of projects in the LLVM Umbrella (LLVM core, Clang, LLDB, libc++, compiler_rt, klee, lld, etc).
	• Anyone interested in using these as part of another project.
	• Students and Researchers
	• Compiler, programming language, and runtime enthusiasts.
	• Those interested in using compiler and toolchain technology in novel and interesting ways.

More information regarding call for papers, registration, travel grants,etc, will be coming in the next month.