[llvm-dev] RFC: Promoting experimental reduction intrinsics to first class intrinsics

David Green via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 15 05:29:42 PDT 2020

Hello

We (ARM / MVE) would also at some point want to add the concept of masked reductions. This could either be done by extending the existing intrinsics much like how a masked gather/scatter works, or with an entirely new set of intrinsics. I'm not sure which way is better in the long run, but the masked variants probably have a superset of the functionality of the non-masked ones, considering the mask can be all ones.

I believe other vector architectures such as SVE and the VE target might make use of these too, but perhaps with slightly different semantics around active vector lengths.
Dave