[llvm-dev] Optimization generate super long function definition

Jason -Zhong Sheng- Hu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 13 15:43:51 PDT 2020

Hey Neil,

thank you for replying and the information.

I think it is dumb... I have changed my implementation to passing a byval array pointer. In this case, this optimization doesn't trigger.

I think the expansion in this optimization is quite useless because byval array pointer achieves the same (I suppose) while the generated size remains small.  This reveals unnecessarily complex execution detail.

Thanks,
Jason Hu
https://hustmphrrr.github.io/