[llvm-dev] Compile for ARM SVE with the latest LLVM

Will Lovett via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 18 00:34:42 PDT 2019

Hi Itaru,

That’s a slightly complex question. We aim to upstream all codegen improvements, and once base SVE support is upstream we will find it easier to upstream things faster (or, in some cases, develop upstream ‘first’). However, this is a moving target, since we’re actively developing the downstream compiler, so it is likely there will always be a little delta.

Secondly, we have some functionality (such as tuned scalar and vector math and string libraries, or the Fortran frontend), for which the base functionality is available upstream, but is more easily available and tightly integrated in the product.

Finally, we have some functionality (such as our tuned BLAS/Lapack/FFT libraries) which we don’t have any current plans of making available publicly.

Hope that’s helpful,

Will.

Will Lovett
Technical Product Owner
Compilers & Libraries
Arm Allinea Studio

Sent from a mobile device, sorry for typos and brevity!