[llvm-dev] LLVM move to Github and organisation membership

David Spickett via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 16 03:46:20 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm following the message here about Github commit access:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-August/134840.html

No issues with that but I wanted to have notifications for LLVM sent to my work email address. Github has this feature if you are a member of an organisation, you can have notifications for that organisation's repos go to a specific address.

I see very few members of "llvm" on Github, is this something that will be opened up so we could use this feature? I'm not familiar with how organisations work so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a good reason to limit it. Permissions or not wanting to imply that "members" on Github are in any way comparable to members of the foundation itself.

The obvious workaround is to have them all sent to one account and filter/forward to the other. Maybe others already do this for other projects.

Thanks,
David Spickett.