[llvm-dev] Changing behavior of lit.py's -v flag

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 12 23:54:25 PDT 2019

Hi Varun,

I'm definitely in favour of making -v more useful like this.

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 at 19:31, Varun Gandhi via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Option 2 (less deviation from status quo):
> -v: Adopts behavior of -vvv from Option 1. :)
> -vv: Same as today. :)

I think I prefer this one. There's a significant minority of tests
where a the single failing line isn't enough to work out what's
actually happened, if the FileCheck is a separate RUN for example.
Under this scheme no-one even needs to know -vv exists (which is good,
because I've been working with LLVM for many years and didn't until
this thread).

Cheers.

Tim.