[llvm-dev] lldb-9 package at apt.llvm.org/xenial is broken

Sotkin, Alexey via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 12 04:23:47 PDT 2019

Hi

I'm trying to build SPRIV-LLVM-Translator cloned from [1] using pre-built llvm-9 packages from "deb http://apt.llvm.org/xenial/ llvm-toolchain-xenial-9 main" repository.

And I see the following  problems

  1.  Starting some time ago cmake command `find_package(LLVM 9.0.0 REQUIRED)` is looking for lit-cpuid [1]. But this tool is part of LLDB and required for LLDB lit tests (only?). It seems that now I have to install lldb-9 even if I don't use it. Why ?
  2.  When I try install lldb-9 via apt-get I get an error saying that packages have unmet dependencies [2].

I'd really appreciate if someone involved in packaging could take a look at this problem.

[1] https://github.com/KhronosGroup/SPIRV-LLVM-Translator/tree/llvm_release_90
[2] https://travis-ci.org/AlexeySotkin/SPIRV-LLVM-Translator/jobs/582722842#L409
[3] https://travis-ci.org/AlexeySotkin/SPIRV-LLVM-Translator/jobs/584068651#L180

Thanks.
Alexey Sotkin.

Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
17 Krylatskaya Str., Bldg 4, Moscow 121614,
Russian Federation