[llvm-dev] RFC: Adding GCC C Torture Suite to External Test Suites

Sam Elliott via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 3 05:19:55 PDT 2019

There are 1500 tests total, and about 100 on the platform-agnostic blacklist. Alex and I do not think this is an onerous burden for maintenance, either as an external test suite or if the test suite is imported.

In the long term, if we import the tests, we know we will have to do updates when the Embecosm work lands, and beyond that updates can be more sporadic. It’s not clear to me how much harder these updates will be than if the test suite remains external.

We would welcome more views as to whether this suite should be imported or should be an external test suite.

It would also be useful to understand the status of the CMake vs Makefile build system in the nightly test suite, to understand whether we need to support Makefiles, or whether Makefiles will be disappearing from the nightly tests soon (as they have already from the main project repo).

Sam

--
Sam Elliott
Software Developer - LLVM