[llvm-dev] Want to Build LLVM 10 (need it to build Qt 5 along with Documentation)

Osman Zakir via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 26 09:33:53 PDT 2019

Hi.  I want to build LLVM myself since I want to build Qt 5 for WebAssembly and I want to see if having the same version of LLVM installed as the one used by EMSDK will help if I also want to build the Documentation (basically I want to avoid a chance of conflicts between versions).  I'm using the latest version of the EMSDK which uses LLVM 10 currently by default.  I understand that not everyone on this mailing list knows much about WebAssembly, but my main intention here is only to ask about building LLVM and the info I just gave is just to let you guys know what I'm trying to do and why.

Anyway, the command I ran was:
"cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../install -G"Visual Studio 16 2019" -Thost=x64 -A x86 -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="clang;clang-tools-extra;lld;lldb;libcxx;libcxxabi" -DCMAKE_BUILD-TYPE=Release -MSVC_RUNTIME_TYPE=/MT -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=all -DLLVM_ENABLE_THREADS=On -DLLVM_CXX_STD="c++17" -DLLVM_ENABLE_PEDANTIC=On -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="/std:c++17;/permissive-;/MT;/EHsc" ../llvm"

I put the error message I got in the .log file I'm attaching to this message.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.  (Maybe I should also ask at the CMake mailing list for help?).