[llvm-dev] git llvm push not working?

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 25 14:10:20 PDT 2019

Hi Yonghong,

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 at 13:40, Y Song via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> The `git llvm push` used to work for me. Not it stopped working.
>
> Does anybody know what have changed recently?

We recently switched to git and GitHub as the primary repository
(yay!), so you no longer need to use "git llvm", you can push directly
if you have permissions.

However, since you didn't know about this it's likely you don't have
permission; that was handled by adding our usernames to a magic file.
So I think what you need to do now is e-mail Tom Stellard with your
GitHub user details and he'll add you to the project team so you can
commit.

Cheers.

Tim.