[llvm-dev] FileCheck wishlist

Troy Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 23 08:28:22 PDT 2019

Maybe this already exists and I just don't know about it, but I find it tedious to repeat the same regex throughout a test and across multiple tests.  Case in point something like [[REG0:%[a-z0-9]+]], [[REG1:%[a-z0-9]+]], etc. when matching larger patterns.  So I've wished that FileCheck regex had something predefined for situations like that, like a normal regex has \w, or had a config file somewhere to allow defining new ones.

-Troy