[llvm-dev] [RFC] Adding time-trace to LLD?

David Major via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 16 10:16:24 PDT 2019

The COFF flavor of lld has an option to show basic timing information on
stdout: https://llvm.org/r322736. I enabled it on my project's CI and find
it quite useful in logs. I'd be happy to see it ported to ELF.

>From looking at the screenshot on your review, it looks like your proposal
provides much richer information, but the extra friction of opening a json
file (and pulling it off our builders) means I'd be less inclined to reach
for this feature unless I was debugging a specific issue. I guess it
depends on whether you're going for day-to-day health monitoring or
targeted problem-solving.