[llvm-dev] DebugInfo work contribution and update.

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 9 13:33:08 PDT 2019

> From: David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com>
>> On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM Robinson, Paul <mailto:paul.robinson at sony.com> wrote:
>> There are many bits of DWARF-5 that haven’t been implemented.
>
> Got a short list, by chance?

I can't say I've been keeping track of all that has gone in, but based
on the list that I came up with when I was sizing the initial DWARF 5
work, things that might not be done include:

Default location entry
Inline namespace attribute
Reference-qualified member functions
"auto" return type
Type/item alignment
Defaulted template parameter
Atomic type modifier
DW_OP_implicit_pointer
.debug_macro section
Typed expressions
Supplementary objects

Things I have noticed going in recently:

Call-site and entry-value stuff (is that complete?)
New language/dialect codes
Deleted/defaulted members is in progress
"noreturn" functions is in progress

I can't remember whether split-DWARF is fully v5 compliant...

If any items above are in fact done, my apologies and VERY happy to be
corrected.
--paulr