[llvm-dev] DebugInfo work contribution and update.

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 9 11:59:15 PDT 2019

Welcome Sourabh,

There are many bits of DWARF-5 that haven’t been implemented.  I know there is currently no big push within Sony to “fill in the corners” for v5, as we have been more focused on quality of debug info for optimized code (not losing information or reporting incorrect information) and the Dexter tool.  There is no shortage of ways in which debug info for optimized code could be better; in general we are trying to post bug reports for anything we find that we’re not working on right away.

I think you are doing the right thing as far as coordinating with other people: Watch the llvm-commits and cfe-commits lists to notice when people are posting patches; post your own patches; and ask on the dev lists.  If you decide to work on something that was reported as a bug, post a note there or assign the bug to yourself.

I looked up the two PRs you cited; PR43622 is likely a simple oversight that should be easy to fix.  PR43263 doesn’t appear to be related to debug info, was that a typo?
--paulr