[llvm-dev] DebugInfo work contribution and update.

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 9 10:29:17 PDT 2019

+some other debugger people (Pavel - wasn't sure which email address you
prefer, feel free to let me know (privately or publicly) for future
reference)

I work at Google & we're certainly interested in DWARFv5 compliance - I'm
currently working on improving debug_loclist emission to share more address
pool entries ( https://reviews.llvm.org/D68620 ) which includes some
improvements to llvm-dwarfdump to go with that. (Pavel's working on further
improvements https://reviews.llvm.org/D68271 )

I haven't looked at/started on the loclist issue (PR43622) - so if you want
to look at that, that's fine by me.

Are you also interested in the debugger side of things? GDB's DWARFv5
support is pretty incomplete & Ali's already looking at some of that, and I
might get to the debug_loclist improvements necessary - but if someone else
wants to do that before me, I won't complain.

Not sure of any other major holes in LLVM's DWARFv5 support, but they might
be out there, for sure.