[llvm-dev] [RFC] Propeller: A frame work for Post Link Optimizations

Sriraman Tallam via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 7 11:15:30 PDT 2019

We would also like to clarify on the misconceptions around CFI Instructions:

There are two things that need to be clarified here:

1) Extra CFI FDE entries for basic blocks does not mean more dynamic
instructions are executed. In fact, they do not increase at all.  Krys
talked about this earlier.
2) We do deduplication of common static CFI instructions in the FDE
and move it to the CIE .  Hence, moving to a new basic block does not
mean a completely new set of CFI instructions is executed.