[llvm-dev] DWARFv5 rnglists section support in LLVM.

Sourabh Singh Tomar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 29 00:59:36 PST 2019

Hello Everyone,

LLVM now support DWARFv5 rangelist section rnglists and rnglists.dwo. But
while working on a typical test case, I noticed --
rnglists/rnglists.dwo both are populated in primary object and DWO object
respectively, when we compile with "-gdwarf-5 -gsplit-dwarf". Is this
desired behavior?

*Referring Spec, Fig B.2 Split DWARF section relationships* -- depicts, for
split case, their has to be rnglists.dwo section located in DWO object.
Not both rnglists{in primary object} and rnglists.dwo{in DWO object}.

This is also contrary, WRT to loclists/loclist.dwo. Here generation is fine
split mode, only loclists.dwo gets populated in DWO object. And no loclists
section in primary object.

Is this behavior desirable/part of functionality?

Thank You,
Sourabh Singh Tomar.