[llvm-dev] debug build busts memory

David Jones via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 26 10:31:10 PST 2019

Throw hardware at it.

I build LLVM just fine on my 32GB Ryzen 1700X system.

You don't indicate what your CPU is. At the very least, another 16GB should
not be that expensive these days.  However, if you are serious on doing
LLVM development, consider a modern system with at least 32GB and a
high-thread-count processor. e.g. Ryzen 1700X is cheap these days and
provides 16 threads. Newer AMD processors will be even better, and Intel
has similar offerings.