[llvm-dev] Fwd: RFC: Moving toward Discord and Discourse for LLVM's discussions

Matthew Hodgson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 19 10:02:54 PST 2019

Slack's community moderation features are pretty terrible - it's simply
not set up for managing public-facing communities; it's set up for
managing private workplace team collaboration.  The best way to try to
explain the features which are missing are to look at something like the
Matrix moderation guide (https://matrix.org/docs/guides/moderation/);
many of these features are missing in Slack.

--
Matthew Hodgson
Matrix.org