[llvm-dev] Enable Contributions Through Pull-request For LLVM

Francesco Petrogalli via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 14 13:24:53 PST 2019

+1 from me, if just for the sake of lowering the entry barrier.

As for some of the discussion this thread has originated (apologies if I missed some of the conversation around them):

* Phabricator vs GitHub: they both have good and bad features. It will always be a matter of personal preference. IMHO, more solid criterias for a choice are 1) keep everything (or as much as we can) in a single place, and as I already said 2) lower the entry barrier.

* Concerns around export control of GitHub to certain countries. Surely in such case the major concerns wouldn’t be for doing the code reviews, but for getting access to the code? Speaking off which: do we mirror the monorepo somewhere else other than just having it on GitHub?

* Low code quality of new contributions, and possible breakage of other people builds: can we have CI integrated with GitHub? That should lower a lot the risk of having incoming things that break things.

Thanks,

Francesco