[llvm-dev] The best way of generating a good representation for an array with header?

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 12 12:51:03 PST 2019

OpenVMS has something called a “varstring” (IIRC) which is a 16-bit length followed by the string data.  I don’t know if John Reagan has support for any VMS languages with that construct yet, but I’d expect it to be effectively a struct with the length as the first member and a VLA-like thing holding the array.  Your container might want to look something like that.
--paulr