[llvm-dev] Enable Contributions Through Pull-request For LLVM

Neil Henning via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 7 03:12:03 PST 2019

I know from experience that many people have not filed issues due to
bugzilla, and not submitted PRs due to phabricator.

An example of where a completely new contributor (my colleague Aras who
contributed the build-cost stats to Clang for 9.0.0) intuitively used
GitHub is here https://github.com/aras-p/llvm-project-20170507/pull/2 -
which I think really awesomely shows how quick a newcomer to the ecosystem
could do something really useful and productive when they are channeled
through tools they are already used to (GitHub issues/PRs).

So from us it's a big +1.

Neil Henning
Senior Software Engineer Compiler
unity.com