[llvm-dev] RFC: On non 8-bit bytes and the target for it

James Molloy via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 6 07:43:35 PST 2019

Hi Chris,

SelectionDAGBuilder, DAGCombine and anything in CodeGen (but I can't think
of any examples there offhand, come to think of it). I must admit that
until I wrote up that email, it hadn't quite occurred to me how much of the
change would be testable. After the writeup, it doesn't sounds quite as
contentious as I considered it.

SelectionDAGBuilder is a simple non-invasive change to
visitGetElementPtrInst(); DAGCombiner may have some nasties lurking in it.
Inability to test a DAGCombine is hardly a new problem though :)

Cheers,

James