[llvm-dev] M68K codegen target

Simon Pilgrim via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 26 04:01:47 PDT 2019

AFAICT the problem has always been code ownership - we would need people
with some knowledge of both m68k and llvm to be willing to actively
support the target: steering it through the setup/experimental target
stages, providing (and maintaining) test/buildbot coverage, managing
reported bugs, and handling any changes to the llvm APIs that require
changes in the backend.

Even if there's a demand for it (and AFAICT from the amiga community
alone there definitely is), without real code owners I don't think this
will go anywhere.

Simon.