[llvm-dev] How to get the name of the function called by a * to a function

Alberto Barbaro via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 23 10:41:46 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I was still playing with the Interpreter class and I was wondering if it is
possible to obtain the reference to the function that would be called by a
* to a function.

For instance:

%2 = load {}*, {}** %1, align 8
%5 = bitcast {}* %2 to void (%struct.png_struct_def.129*, i8*, i64)*
tail call void %5(%struct.png_struct_def.129* %png_ptr, i8* %data, i64
%length) #15

Once I encounter the call instruction, can I find out which function will
be called before actually performing the call?

I hope it is clear :)

Thanks
Alberto