[llvm-dev] [GlobalISel] Is there a way to assign higher or lower priority to patterns?

Daniel Sanders via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 22 10:42:07 PDT 2019

Hi Alex,

I can't say I'm happy that this is the case* but the SelectionDAG importer does honour AddedComplexity. When it's sorting the rules, the complexity score that SelectionDAG would have used has precedence over the priority that GlobalISel uses. I ended up having to give in on my opposition to using the complexity scores after we had a very hard time resolving ordering differences on an out of tree target that was using AddedComplexity a lot (pretty much everywhere) to fix up SelectionDAG's scheme

*I dislike the way AddedComplexity tweaks an already dubious scoring system using magic numbers.