[llvm-dev] Unsupported ISD node in backend

Romaric Jodin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 21 00:46:43 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I have a backend that does not support address space casting, and I would
like it to tell the user that he cannot do a cast of pointer of different
address space.
But I don't know where and how I should do it. At the moment I have a
"report_fatal_error" in the "Select" function of ISelDagToDag, but as so
I'm not able to give the file and line where the error is. And without it,
it's a bit tricky for the user to find his error.
It is possible to implement this behavior, where and how?

Thanks,
Romaric