[llvm-dev] How to change CLang struct alignment behaviour?

Eli Friedman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 17 14:12:09 PDT 2019

In terms of increasing the alignment of a variable, there’s an API getOrEnforceKnownAlignment which is used by LLVM optimizations to increase the alignment of global variables and stack allocations, when it appears profitable.  There currently isn’t any transform that calls it for memcpy operations, but maybe worth implementing for cases where the size of the memcpy is a small constant.

-Eli