[llvm-dev] Orc JIT v1 Deprecation

Christian Schafmeister via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 17 12:46:24 PDT 2019

I thought I would add a data point.

I implemented the Orc v1 API in Clasp - an implementation of Common Lisp
that uses llvm as the backend.
Recently, I switched over to using the new API - works great!  I'm very
excited about the work Lang has been doing and I'm excited to hear that
there is a fix for lldb debugging of jitted code coming (thanks Stefan!).

Orc v1 API Clasp:  (https://github.com/clasp-developers/clasp/tree/dev)
New Orc API Clasp:  (
https://github.com/clasp-developers/clasp/tree/dev-llvmtot)

It's a bit weird because Clasp is self-hosting and I expose the llvm API's
to Common Lisp and I use the llvm API's in a combination of C++ code and
Common Lisp code.

--
Christian Schafmeister
Professor, Chemistry Department