[llvm-dev] SelectionDAG.cpp: FindOptimalMemOpLowering behavior

Sjoerd Meijer via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 16 07:50:08 PDT 2019

Hi Romaric,

I did some work in this area recently. Just In case you haven't noticed it yet: I have first moved FindOptimalMemOpLowering to TargetTransformInfo (https://reviews.llvm.org/D59766) so that it can be reused. I added a function getMemcpyCost to TTI (https://reviews.llvm.org/D59252), which I implement in the ARM backend (https://reviews.llvm.org/D59787), which uses this FindOptimalMemOpLowering to determine the cost of a memcpy.
My goal is to optimise the case shown in the description of https://reviews.llvm.org/D59129, which sounds similar to the problem you're having.

I've looked at that condition too that you are referring to. Some assumptions are made, and I thought there was room for improvement. But I didn't want to change too much at the same time while I was refactoring it, but it was still on my list to look at this again some time later. That's why I can't comment further on details at this point, but will see what I can do.

Cheers,
Sjoerd.