[llvm-dev] JIT compilation with LLVM

Daniel Campos do Nascimento via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 12 13:14:17 PDT 2019

Hello LLVM developers,

I am developing a small project using LLVM. The objective is to provide
dynamic loading via JIT compilation of C++ code contained in a (TS) module.
For this reason, I would like to return an explicitly raw void pointer
(resembling libdl's `void *dlsym(void *, char const *);` as closely as
possible) to the compiled result. The MCJIT class offers the most
convenient API for me, but I'm not sure it is intended for public use as it
is not in the include path in a LLVM installation, even when built from
source (I am building from the git repo); neither is OrcMCJITReplacement.
What is the way that you would suggest to use LLVM's JIT capabilities? It
would already help a lot if I knew which function/class names to look up.

Thank you in advance for your attention,

--
Daniel Campos do Nascimento