[llvm-dev] How to get CLang array alloca alignments to be smaller than 16 bytes?

Don Hinton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 5 14:56:42 PDT 2019

Hi Joan:

I'm sure there are people that use the XCode generator, but I develop on a
Mac and don't use it -- well, I did try it once and was underwhelmed by
what it produced and gave up on it.  So, I just use Ninja, which is fast
and works great.  Also, since it seems like a lot of people use it, it's
well tested, and you don't have the issues you're having with XCode.  Plus
it works the some on the other platforms I use, e.g., Linux.

I do use the XCode debugger from time to time -- just setup an external
project and it figures everything out.

hth...
don