[llvm-dev] GSoC19: Improve LLVM binary utilities

Seiya Nuta via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 26 03:34:23 PDT 2019

Hi all,

My name is Seiya Nuta. I'm studying for my master's degree in University
of Tsukuba and interested in the project named "Improve LLVM binary
utilities". I've skimmed through llvm-objcopy/llvm-objdump, commit logs,
and Bugzilla to figure out what should I do.

I have some questions about the project:

- What should I prioritize? I suppose that improving llvm-objcopy is the
   most crucial work in this summer.
- How can I avoid proposing functionalities that others are already
   working on? It seems that the tools have been still actively
   developed.
- Are there good first issues related to the project? This is the first
   time for me to dig into the LLVM source code so currently I cannot
   show convincing evidence that I'm able to work on the project.

Best regards,
Seiya