[llvm-dev] lld based tool

Alexander Linne via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 25 11:54:24 PDT 2019

Hi Rui,

what I am trying to achieve is actually getting all input files that are linked into the result, yes.
The first thing I currently try to achieve is to determine the object files that are being linked. My problem there exactly is to decide if an argument without dash belongs to an option or if it is an input file.

To give some context:
I'm currently trying to write a build analysis tool that works independently of build scripts/systems by tracking calls performed during the build.
Therefore, for a C++ project, I get a list of gcc/clang/ld calls and their command lines. From there I try to build a graph of which source files are built into which object files, libraries, ...