[llvm-dev] A question about "make check-all"

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 22 00:33:38 PDT 2019

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 at 00:11, Ben Shi <powerman1st at 163.com> wrote:
> so you meant the check-all can guarantee my changes to AVR is correct, if it passed without an error?

That's a bit strong, anyone who's worked on LLVM for long will have
broken things at some point in the past despite check-all passing. But
I think it's fair to say that most people don't run the full
test-suite for every change they make (except via the build-bots after
commit), and check-all is certainly a good start.

Cheers.

Tim.