[llvm-dev] [GSoC] Improve shell autocompletion for Clang

shivam gupta via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 18 12:14:46 PDT 2019

Hi Yuka and Vassil,

My name is Shivam Gupta, currently I am in third year of Bachelor of
Engineering major in computer science from Samrat Ashok Technological
Institute,India and completed compiler theory course with the Dragon book
in last semester.

I interested to work on "Improving the shell auto-completion for clang"
project.As a student I think It will a great project to understand llvm
development process and also have the pleasure to contribute to a
infrastructure that is use by million of developers.

I have following basic queries regarding project-
1.Actually I have not much experience with working on shell scripting
projects but I committed to this project and want to improve my skills so
can you suggest link of some well documented related scripting projects to
gain some more understanding.

2.I had goes through your 2017 GSoC project's bash completion script and
watch phabricator review of patches,you had major work on llvm's option and
clang's driver directory but for llvm-opt tool completion which part of
source code and document should I need to focus.

3 Can you assign some beginner level bugs or issue that should help to
better understand of project and gain the required confidence for future
works.

Thanks for help and previous contributions
Best regard
Shivam