[llvm-dev] Trouble in reproducing bad codegen errors [GSoC]

preejackie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Mar 16 15:09:18 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm working on finding(generating) programs which results in bad codegen
when (-g, !-g) option. As suggested in llvm-dev list I tried diffing the
disassembly of object files .text section with -g enabled and not
enabled for all SingleSource unittests .c files, I used all optimization
levels [0,1,2,3,s,z] but I didn't get any bad codegen behavior.

And then, I used csmith tool to randomly generate .cpp files and compile
them with (-g, !-g) at various opt levels, after trying for 3 hours I
can only able to produce 2 bad codegen behaviors. Is there any way for
producing bad codegen behaviors?

Csmith use many options to generate code, anyone with csmith experience
please guide me how to make use of those options to fullest in this case?

Thank you very much :)

--
Have a great day!
PreeJackie