[llvm-dev] inline assembly matching error

Josh Sharp via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 13 17:15:23 PDT 2019

I'm trying to add support for inline assembly and I keep getting this error:

<jal>
"<inline asm>:1:2: error: invalid instruction"
which is due to the fact that MatchInstructionImpl() returns Match_MnemonicFail.
This function is tablegen'ed in XXXGenAsmMatcher.inc and for some reason it can't find JAL even though I can clearly see it in both MatchTable0[] and MnemonicTable

The input was

int main ()
{
asm volatile ("JAL");
return 0;
}

If I go to JAL's definition in XXXInstrInfo.td and change its assembly string from "JAL" to "jal", it works.

How can I keep using uppercase characters? It seems to be a minor setting somewhere but can't find it.

Thanks.