[llvm-dev] Annotated sources GSOC project

William Moses via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 11 16:35:09 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm interested in working on the GSOC project of developing annotated
headers from LLVM IR attributes.

I'm a PhD candidate at MIT studying how various compiler representations
can be leveraged to better optimize and ensure correctness in programs.

I have previous experience in LLVM/Clang from extending it to analyze
parallel programs in the Tapir compiler as well as extending clang to
represent reductions as attributes.

I've also started discussing ideas with the project mentors (who
subsequently recommended that I email the list), including checking whether
clang merges attributes from multiple function declarations as a
precondition for generating the headers.

Cheers,
Billy Moses