[llvm-dev] Conflicts with custom passes

Kihong Heo via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 28 13:18:18 PDT 2019

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I built LLVM with Debug and tried this with my custom pass.
But it has the following error

error: unable to load plugin '../../trace-extractor/build/TracePass.so': '../../trace-extractor/build/TracePass.so: undefined symbol: _ZTIN4llvm10ModulePassE’

Originally I used a builtin Clang in the system and it does not produce this issue.
When I search for this issue on Google, it seems to be relevant to “RTTI”. But as I know LLVM is built by default -fno-rtti. I also explicitly turned off it. Here is my cmake command:

$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DLLVM_ENABLE_RTTI=OFF -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS=clang -G "Unix Makefiles"  ../llvm

Any thought?

Best,
- Kihong