[llvm-dev] RFC: llvm-readelf Mach-O & COFF options

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 27 11:43:28 PDT 2019

My perspective is that llvm-readobj is a testing tool whose goal should be
to make testing LLVM easy, not 100% GNU readelf compatibility, but I think
that ship has sailed.

I don't really care if you decide to move the functionality, I just want to
have some binary in LLVM for exploratory dumpers, where I don't have to
care too much about consistency with another tool that makes different
arbitrary formatting decisions. So, if you want to move it, I guess we need
some new binary where we can put experimental code. "llvm-objutil"
mirroring llvm-pdbutil?