[llvm-dev] [CMake] External File Dependencies for Unit Tests

Alex Brachet-Mialot via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 24 22:33:35 PDT 2019

Thanks James!

Thanks for the help. I certainly see your point.

> In either case, if you wanted to change the test input, you'd need to
rerun CMake again
This is unfortunate, I would have hoped I could have CMake create
$(wildcard *.yaml) type of output in the make files. But it sounds like
this doesn't exist on make alternatives, so this wont work.

There is actually a function to get the Inputs directory,
http://llvm.org/doxygen/namespacellvm_1_1unittest.html. I think it is only
used in one test, though. Would you recommend that I do what is done in
unittest/ObjectYAML/MinidumpYAMLTest.cpp which just uses a string inside
the source file, or use an Inputs directory? Both are not great, as you
point out about using an Inputs directory.

Also, I'm not sure that I can create an object without invoking yaml2obj
itself, I can't seem to find a function to do this exposed by
libObjectYAML. If I do need to invoke yaml2obj, would you happen to know
how to tell CMake to build yaml2obj first, and also where would I find that
executable? Thanks so much, James.