[llvm-dev] [InstCombine] addrspacecast assumed associative with gep

David Chisnall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 20 02:48:56 PDT 2019

On 12/06/2019 00:10, Matt Arsenault via llvm-dev wrote:
> I would like to make the LangRef clearer on what’s allowed and what’s not.

Since Matt posted this, he has indeed tried to improve the LangRef:

https://reviews.llvm.org/D63525

I'd encourage anyone who is using address spaces to give feedback on
this review.  This is a seriously underspecified area of LLVM IR
semantics and I'm *very* happy to see Matt taking the lead in improving it!

David